Thursday, September 30, 2010

the God who hears

Monday, we saw Tinkle's pediatrician for her chest pain. Her doctor felt it necessary to run some tests on her heart. As I clung to scripture and waited, I prayed. I prayed some more. And I prayed some more. We received news yesterday that all is well with her heart. Praise Jesus! To Him be the glory.

We also got news of another. A loved one who has had her share of spiritual attack lately. One that I've prayed for and over as if she were my own. Her news wasn't as happy. As I sat and pondered over my prayers and over my God, I was reminded and I am claiming the lessons I've been learning in my Precept Daniel 1 Bible study.
  • God is the God of history. He created time. He knew then and He knows now what is to come.   Nothing comes to Him by surprise and He sets the paths of His people.
  • He may not deliver His people from it, but He will deliver them through it. As Daniel faced the den of lions and Shadrach, Meshach, and Abed-Nego faced the fiery furnace, their God could have removed them from their circumstances. He is all powerful. Instead, he allowed them to face the danger, and He chose to deliver them through it. And He received the glory from it.
So, the same God who gave us the good news about Tinkle is the same God who is in control of this sweet girl's circumstances. He will deliver her. I'm claiming it. And in the end, the glory is His. It already is.

And for the record, I hate Satan. His schemes on His church, His people. This enemy will not prevail. The battle has already been won. His church will rise up and continue to glorify Him through it all.

Through you we push back our enemies;
through your name we trample our foes.
I do not trust in my bow,
my sword does not bring me victory;
but you give us victory over our enemies,
you put our adversaries to shame.
In God we make our boast all day long,
and we will praise your name forever.
Selah
Psalm 44:5-8

1 comment:

  1. Wow Erin, I love this encouragement from God's Word! I did Precepts Daniel years ago. Truths to grab onto with both hands!

    ReplyDelete