Wednesday, May 26, 2010

the call

Do you remember this post? I was feeling like God was calling me to do and be more.
Well, here's part 2 of the story...

If you are familiar with my other blog, you know Winkle did not come to us easily. I can honestly say that God's hand was evident throughout the process of wanting Winkle, conceiving Winkle, and delivering Winkle. I knew this was God's plan for our lives.

After I became pregnant with Winkle, I felt a gentle nudging (which I know to be the Holy Spirit) that God was going to continue me on a different journey of motherhood. I really felt called to adopt. Please let me assure you here that this HAD to be the Holy Spirit because this pregnancy did not offer any human desire to think of future children. I felt, though, this wasn't the time to approach Honey, as he would only brush it off as pregnancy hormones and too much time on my hands, because of bedrest, to ponder life's path.

~Fast forward to Winkle being days old~

The nudging began again...this call to adopt. Again, I knew this had to come from the Holy Spirit because nothing says birth control like breastfeeding a newborn, no sleep, and recuperating from a difficult delivery. I tried to ignore it and just gently brush it away, because I knew that if it was truly a call from God, He would have to give it to Honey, too...and well...Honey would have to bring up the conversation first so I KNOW this is God's call. By the way, I hope I'm not the only one who does God this way...the "well, if this is really from You, then You'll do this so I know" thing. Yeah, it's wrong...I know, but, come on...show me some love and don't leave me hanging...you do it, too, right?

~Anyway, now let's fast foward to Winkle being around 6 months old~

Man, my God is persistent. Which, by the way, I thank God for because He should've given up on me a loooooooong time ago. That same nudging is there, rearing it's head, only this time, I feel led to tell Honey...because now He's starting to give me direction. So, I told Honey my feeling led in this direction, my knowledge that He doesn't guide us in different directions since we are now one, and ask him to pray for 2 years (I have no idea why 2 years...I just felt led to 2 years) with an open mind to hear from Him.

So, about a month ago, Honey tells me he knows adoption is God's plan for our lives. The other day I saw him searching the internet about adoption. As I see God growing this desire inside my husband, it thrills me. I've been ready to see God move him, and not just me, and see God set us on the same path.

So, now is my time to come beside Honey, letting Honey lead this God-given plan with God's direction. We're praying about when & where to adopt. As we do, I look forward to seeing God continue to work. So, today, I'm thanking God that He is devouring our plan for ourselves, and setting us on a path that He's called us toward...together. Join me for Thankful Thursday.

So, in this memorial box I put a sermon from our pastor, that you can find here, that confirmed to my Honey our call to adopt.

5 comments:

  1. Great story!! Thank you for sharing...

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a great post I love your all story good luck on your new path

    ReplyDelete
  3. This gives me goose bumps. I can't wait to see what God has in store for your sweet family. You need to read this blog http://www.storinguptreasures.com/, too. (My computer is still on the blitz. I'm on Jacob's now.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Asking God to continue to guide your every decision.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Leaving a smile :) here for you!
    God bless you!

    ReplyDelete