Saturday, April 24, 2010

behind the name

Faith devours. I love the implications in the word devour. Really, it's such a picture word. Teeth clenched into. Tearing away at. Destroying. Bigger. Stronger. Mightier.

Living a life of faith isn't for the faint of heart. Yes, it can be difficult. It isn't, though, putting on your big girl panties & dealing with it. That would imply that I have control...that I am the capable one. That it's me who is bigger. Stronger. Mighter. That would be fun to believe for the moment...super mom...super wife...super church worker...here to save the day! I don't know about you, but life quickly proves this dream untrue.

You see, living a life of faith really hasn't got a lot to do w/ me...or you, does it? It is simply living in the power & presence of the Holy Spirit. Allowing Him control over my everyday circumstances. Faith, after all, is a gift from God. And boy am I glad it's Him I can rely on and not my super-hero-me imaginatives. He is bigger. Stronger. Mightier.

It certainly isn't passive, though. It's a choice. Choosing to look at the God who is in control rather than at the mess of a situation. Believing His Word despite the circumstances that surround me...whether it's a mess my child just created, the monotony of laundry, or a real "in your face" kind-of mess within my life.

This blog is simply about everyday living...stories friends share with each other. Allowing myself to see that my God is at work. Choosing to look toward Him. So take your shoes off, have a seat, grab a cup of coffee. Let's talk about my God.

No comments:

Post a Comment